Eggplant is a delicious food, healthy and favorable for your body and your well-being. This vegetable is part of our diet for thousands of years and among its many advantages being highlights un food detoxifying, ie favors the elimination of undesirable substances from the body.
Another major benefits eggplant provides health is providing helps control blood pressure. It is also a food that promotes digestive processes. So just try to make an eggplant at lunch or dinner!
- It is low in calories and virtually fat free. If you care for your health, You should know that a cup of eggplant contains just 38 calories. Therefore, It is a perfect food for those who want to lose weight.
- It is high in calcium, phosphorus and iron. For this reason it is highly recommended for those suffering from anemia or osteoporosis problems.
- It is rich in flavonoids, pigments known to improve certain qualities of foods and provide protection to cells against various harmful agents.
- It is rich in antioxidants, which it is useful in stimulating the immune system and energy levels of body, and keep your heart healthy.
- It contains compounds called terpenes, which help reduce cholesterol.
Reduces blood glucose level, thus it is particularly suitable for the diabetics.
- It produces slightly diuretic effects. This is due to its high content of potassium.
- retards, and somehow inhibit, the growth of cancer cells in the stomach.
Then we want to share with you a different way to make the eggplant. This is a simple preparation, but well worth trying because the results are fantastic.
Recipe: oriental eggplant pâté
This eggplant pâté is very healthy and really tasty. It is known by the name "Mutabal" or "Baba Ghanoush" and is an exquisite traditional cream from Middle East.
- eggplants - 2 large units
- Accept olive - 1 tablespoon
- Lemon - 2 tablespoons juice
- it - 1 tooth
- Cumin - ½ teaspoon
- Tahini – 60 grams
- Yogurt Natural – 4 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
Part eggplants in half, lengthwise. Using a sharp knife, makes some deep cuts in the pulp eggplant, taking care not to pierce the skin. Locates eggplants (skin up) in a roasting pan previously oiled. Cook them for half an hour in an oven preheated to a temperature of 200 ° C.
After that time, remove them from the oven and let stand until cool. Then, Take away the skin and seeds. Then place the resulting eggplant pulp in the blender container or food processor. Incorporating olive oil, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and ground cumin. Add salt according to your taste and proceeds to mix and grind everything until well homogeneous cream.
If you prefer a lighter textured pate and soft, You can add yogurt.
How to taste it
This pâté usually occurs in small casseroles, as input or accompaniment, Spread bread, biscuits, toast and small pieces of vegetables.