Since time immemorial have been used the natural remedies plants to heal ailments and diseases. A way of using medicinal plants is to create oils and ointments with which to treat our ailments.
The tea tree essential oil It is one of the most versatile essential oils that exist. Its almost inexhaustible applications go beyond those related to health and wellness. It is a true off-roader, a must to always have hand in the Cabinet and in the travel bag as we can get more than one trouble.
Its name may lead to confusion, but in reality the tree oil of “tea” It has nothing to do with the plant that gets popular infusion (Camellia Sinensis). This oil is extracted from the leaves of a small Australian tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) It was originally growing in an Eastern region of the island known as new South Wales, Although currently, and due to the high world demand for oil is cultivated throughout the country. The name of tea tree the English Captain James Cook gave it to 1770 to observe that the aborigines of the area were preparing a infusion with its crushed leaves that alleviated the cough and sore throat, In addition to applying them in the form of poultice to heal wounds, insect bites, skin infections and burns.
Benefits of tea tree
How can help us the tea tree?
- Occasional pimples and acne: apply directly on the granite with a cotton swab 3 times a day. It is also recommended to clean weekly the pores with steam, by diluting 8-10 drops of oil in a pot of hot water and during 10 minutes
- Psoriasis, Dermatitis, allergies: diluted 10 drops in a tbsp of base oil, Jojoba or sweet almond, is applied to the area 3 times a day.
- Small cuts and wounds: applied directly to the injury several times a day. When the crust has formed applied diluted in a base oil.
- Mild and the sun burns: apply several times a day over the burn undiluted. When the crust has formed applied diluted in a base oil. If the burn is Sun add a drop of tea tree essential oil and one lavender oil to a spoonful of coconut oil and massage the area gently.
- Skin irritated by shaving or waxing: dilute a few drops in a bit of base oil and massage gently.
- The nails of the feet and athlete's foot fungus: apply 2 times a day massaging during 2 minutes. In the case of athlete's foot mix 5 drops with a tablespoon of almond oil and massage with special care in the interdigital spaces. It is also very beneficial to make bathrooms with hot water and 10 drops of oil.
- Mosquitoes and other insects: apply undiluted to the affected area.
- Warts: apply oil at night without diluting and cover with a dressing. The next day they uncover it. Repeat the process until the wart disappears.
- Lice: Add 30 drops to 100 ml of the usual shampoo. In case of infestation apply diluted by all scalp and cover the head during 30 minutes. Then use a comb or special comb soaked in oil to remove all the eggs.
- Oily or dry hair, sensitive scalp, dandruff: tea tree oil regulates the sebaceous glands and calms irritation. Add a few drops to the usual shampoo.
- Herpes Labialis: apply regularly with a cotton bud until it dries.
- Rash of chickenpox, measles: It relieves the itching and accelerates its healing.
- Hits, bruises: massage 2-3 times a day in the area.
- Colds, bronchitis, nasal congestion, sinusitis, cough: do steam during 10 minutes with hot water and 10 drops of oil of tea a few times a day or put the oil in a humidifier to relieve congestion. Massage can also occur in the back and chest to relieve cough. It may be useful to put a couple of drops on the pillow to help breathing during sleep.
- Bad breath, inflamed gums, canker sores: perform rinses 3 times a day with 5 drops diluted in a glass of water.
- Localized pain or sore: apply the oil directly in the area. To remove bacterial plaque add 2 drops to the toothbrush before toothpaste
- Sore throat: gargle 3 times a day with 5 oil drops diluted in a glass of water.
- Muscle aches, rheumatism, Arthritis, drop: massage on the area. It is also effective to take a hot bath with 10 drops of oil.
- Gynecological infections, candidiasis, cystitis: do sitz bath with 10 drops diluted in warm water.
- Hemorrhoids: dilute 10 drops in water warm and do sitz bath to relieve the itching. Then apply the oil directly in the area.
- Baby care: It should always be used diluted because the baby's skin is very sensitive. To soothe diaper irritation mix a few drops with base oil and apply to the area whenever the diaper change.
- Our pet care: In addition to serving as an antiseptic on wounds, is useful to eliminate fleas and ticks. In the case of flea rub the animal with a sponge soaked in water and 10-20 drops of oil. We will then proceed to bathe it. If it ticks we will apply the oil directly in the area and after a few minutes it come off single. A few drops in the pet bed will help us to control odors and to keep away fleas.
- Eco-friendly household cleaner: mix in a pulverizer 25 drops of oil and half a litre of water. Tea tree oil is an excellent cleaner and antiseptic for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Cleaner in depth of toilets and bathtubs: make a paste with tea and baking oil cleaner.
- Insect repellent: mix 7 drops of oil and half a liter of water and sprayed the House with mixture.
- Rust Remover: mix a few drops with Apple Cider vinegar and spray in the conflict areas.
- Wash fresh: Add a few drops in the box of detergent or fabric softener in the washer so that the clothing is more fresh and odors are eliminated. We can also apply this trick in the dishwasher to avoid bad smells.
- Garbage odor-free: keep a dress with a few drops of oil on the bottom of the bucket will help us to avoid the proliferation of bacteria and prevent unpleasant odours.
- To disinfect carpets, sofas, the car seats...: spray with the mixture of 25 drops of oil in half a litre of water.
- Keep insects at Bay: not the smell of the tea tree oil like ants and other insects. Pour a few drops in the entry points and wash with a solution of water and oil cabinets and places where to hide.
Although the tea tree essential oil has many beneficial qualities, We must have some precautions: Tea tree oil should only be used topically, It should not be ingested or come into contact with the eyes. Is also toxic if pets ingest it by what we should keep him away from them. It should not be used by pregnant women or nursing mothers. In case of sensitive skin use always diluted in a base oil.