The cherries They are a fruit that we provide excellent nutritional contributions, In addition to numerous health benefits. A cup of cherries has only 87 calories, 22 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram of protein and 3 grams of fiber.
Benefits of eating cherries
The Cherry (prunus cerasus) It is used for millennia as intestinal debugger, to rid our body of toxins. This is because the pigments that give them their color purple: anthocyanins, a kind of flavonoids great cleansing properties.
These anthocyanins cherries, They are also powerful antioxidants and according to studies conducted at the University of Arizona, the cherries They are the fruit with the highest concentration of flavonoids that exists. This makes it important in the treatment and prevention of diseases such as cancer or alzheimer.
Cherries provide the nutrients the body as
- C vitamin, B, A and E.
- ellagic acid
10 beneficial properties of cherries
- The cherries, They are known as a "super fruit", They are full of antioxidants called anthocyanins that help in reducing heart disease and cancer.
- Cherries are one of the few food sources containing melatonin, an antioxidant that helps regulate heart rate and body's sleep cycles.
- Cherries are a good source of beta-carotene (Vitamin A, essential for the organism). In fact, they contain 19 times more beta carotene than blueberries and strawberries.
- Cherries are rich in vitamins C, E, potassium, magnesium, iron, folic acid and fiber.
- Cherries are known as "brain food", helping brain health and preventing memory loss.
- Because cherries contain anthocyanins, may reduce inflammation and the symptoms of arthritis and gout.
- Eating cherries reduces the risk of diabetes. It is suitable also for consumption of patients with diabetes, since they contain more glucose than fruits such as pear. Its glycemic index is 22.
- Cherries are a good source of fiber that is important for digestive health and also benefit as explained in a previous tip the onset of diabetes.
- Cherries are a good snack, or dessert important choice for weight maintenance, due to low calorie intake. 100 gr of cherries you provide only a 48 calories.
- Because of their powerful anti-inflammatory benefits, cherries can act to reduce pain. They are highly recommended for sore tendons and muscles suffering from overload runners and athletes after workouts. Cherries are therefore a good remedy for rapid muscle recovery. Cherries and sour cherries, among other red fruits, for its richness in antioxidants anthocyanins, They are proposed as a suitable fruit to speed muscle recovery of athletes after a hard session.