We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, because it allows go to the street with all the energies and us face the day in the best way.
The most important benefits of eating oats
We recommend eating oats to the first collation in the morning. Have you ever thought about why? In the following article you will know.
It is depurative
Thanks to the large amount of amino acids containing, It stimulates the production of lecithin in the liver, favoring the purification of toxins from the body.
Consuming oatmeal is good to clean the walls of the arteries, Since Fiber is "sweeping" fat deposits which they are accumulated in them and can generate many heart problems, cholesterol, among others.
It helps control sugar levels in the blood
This is excellent news for those with diabetes. Definitely, the need to add to your diet, Since improved starch digestion and stable blood sugar level, especially after eating.
If you have problems when having lunch or dinner, oats helps reduce bile acid, in turn facilitating bowel movement and preventing constipation.
Being rich in carbohydrates slow absorption, It keeps you feeling full for longer hours, It is a good alternative for those who are dieting, because it removes the urge to eat all the time.
Proteins has great value
In total they are 8 the essential amino acids of oats, what makes it a source of protein of high biological value. This quality allows to form new tissues in the body.
It protects against cancer
There are several studies that have been conducted in the US on the properties of oats as a weapon of protection against cancer, an increasingly common disease. This is because it contains phytochemicals. It is advisable to eat oatmeal every day to reduce by more than 10% the possibility of breast cancer or colon.
It is good for the heart
The reason is the large amount of omega 3 and linoleic, known as "good fats", that help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL), favoring activities in the heart and brain.
Helps the central nervous system
La avena es un cereal rico en vitaminas del complejo B. Therefore it helps develop, maintain and balance the nervous system.
Prevents thyroid problems
It is particularly advisable in cases of hypothyroidism, to contain iodine, a mineral that helps thyroid function properly related.
That It is because it has high levels of calcium, necessary for good bone health, avoiding demineralization.
Other benefits of oats
- It helps you lose weight: for it, Oatmeal should be consumed on an empty stomach or with breakfast, with skim milk or soy, orange juice or nuts.
- It is one of the best sources of energy that exist, so it is recommended to consume first thing in the morning or before noon, especially for those who work long hours away from home or have to study for an exam.
- It is a great ally in beauty treatments: the properties of oats are not utilized only when taken. It can also be used topically (external) for cosmetic routine. For example, Mixed with moisturizer becomes a great exfoliator for face and is much cheaper than any other beauty treatment.
How to eat oats
There are many ways to add oats to our daily diet.
These are just some of them:
- Oatmeal shake: added into the blender an apple, a banana, a pear, milk or yogurt, with a few tablespoons of oatmeal and mix well. This delicious drink can be consumed at any time of the day so that your body feel healthier. Sweetened with sugar if necessary.
- pancake: can be salty or sweet, according to your preferences. It is made with some oatmeal and milk, and then can be filled with vegetables and spices, with jams and sweets, etc.
- Oat bread: It is a really delicious whole wheat bread, You can add cinnamon and nutmeg and do not forget to put yeast to grow in the oven. you can also place raisins, seeds, nuts, chocolate, etc.
- Oatmeal Cookies: They are an excellent choice for snack, There are varieties with coconut, almonds or walnuts.
- Ingredient salads: Chops onion, tomato, boiled potatoes, cucumber, lettuce, grated carrots, what you can think and finally, special touch: the oats, it should be boiled (If you want salt), by 25 minutes, Wash and rinse with cold water.
- To tarnish the vegetables meat: Instead of using breadcrumbs or flour, you can use oatmeal to make cutlets eggplant or squash, of chicken, of fish, of meat, etc.
- At breakfast: It is most popular. Oat flakes placed on raw milk or yogurt, some do directly in orange juice. It will help you avoid constipation and in turn, It will provide a lot of energy for the whole day.